Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Of Five

I woke up Friday night around 11 pm and said to Phil "I'm in labor and we need to get to the hospital." I must have been having some kind of premonition in my sleep (or it could have been the contractions...we may never know) but whatever the reason, it was time.

Fast forward to 5 am and Charlie (a.ka. Charles Patrick) made his official appearance. At over 9 pounds he's no little baby...this guy is definitely able to fend for himself in the nursery! The labor was quick and recovery is going well.

Cole is quite taken by Charlie, and when the baby cries he soothes him by saying "shhhh" and rubbing his head. We have to work on the "gentle" part of rubbing the head of a newborn, but I think he's up to the task.

Ry has been pretty good with the concept of another brother invading his space...he asked today if Charlie could come home with him and seemed a little let down that he was staying at the hospital. I will say it was a major buzzkill when he said (and I quote), "Mommy - if Charlie isn't in your belly anymore, why is it still fat?" Kids say the darndest things, don't they?!

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes...more adventures to come as we dive into the wild world of being a family of five.







2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww another Kerper boy-- with that strong family resemblance. Congrats and great job Bec. Love you-oo!

Abby said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Charlie is adorable. And I love seeing Cole and Ryan excited to have their new little brother.