Thursday, October 29, 2009

Everybody's Talkin'

This morning I was singing Ghostbusters…

Me: I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts
Ry: You're singing the words wrong. It's supposed to go "Ice cream for no goats."
Me: Really...
Ry: Yea - cuz goats don't eat ice cream

He shot me a look of "duh" and said, "That's it, I'm outta here." Like he couldn't even stand to be in the presence of someone who (a) Got the words wrong and (b) Was under the impression that goats do indeed eat ice cream

Then...

Cole was standing at the screen door.

Cole: Mommy it's dark outside!
Me: Hey, who turned the lights out?
Cole: Mr. Mark did [our neighbor]. He turned the dark on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, so funny. They are hilarious.

It made me think of one of my college roommates. You know the song, Our Lips Are Sealed, by the Go Gos? He thought the song said, "Alex I'll see ya!" It's SO FUNNY when someone get the lyrics wrong -- yet they make perfect sense.