Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We Are The World, We Are The Children

Today in their free art time at school, Ry decided to draw some of his favorite flags. He said, "Libya is my favorite because you just have to color it all green. Djibouti is trickier because it has a star, and they're hard to draw."

I'm not going to lie - I had to google search "Djibouti" because (a) I'd never heard of it before and wasn't convinced it was really a country, and (b) I had no idea how to spell it.

Next I had to search "Libya flag" and lo and behold, it really is all green. How boring!

The fun continued after dinner and he asked for help painting flags for The United Kingdom and Vatican City (I had to help with that one and let me tell you, it's complicated. I seriously don't know what parents did before google, but thankfully it's saved me quite a few times today).

As we were wrapping up I turned to help Cole clean up, only to find him drinking the paint water. I guess artistic vision can be found in many different forms.

Allah Yissalimak! (Goodbye in Arabic, the language of Djibouti).


No comments: