Thursday, September 01, 2011

Seriously. When. Did. He. Grow. Up?

I know it sounds so cliche - but wasn't I just holding him in my arms as a little baby? Sigh...our family motto proves itself true time and time again: "The days are long and the years are short."

Here's my little peanut before his first day of 1st Grade.


Cole was not amused when we were waiting for the kids to get off the bus...I think he was in serious big brother withdrawl.


This theory was proved accurate when Charlie tried to kiss him and Cole recoiled like Cha's lips were coated in poison. This 1st grade thing is going to take getting used to (for everybody).


We started this awesome tradition last year (at least I hope it continues as a tradition) of holding an ice cream party in the alley when the kids get off the bus on their first day. It's a great treat to look forward to, and not a bad perk to throw leftovers into our freezer.


So just when I was getting used to all of this growing up...after the second day of school Ry hopped on his 2-wheeler and started cruising. Just like that. He might as well have his driver's license....double sigh...



No comments: