Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When You Are Engulfed In Flames

I'd like to officially declare that my favorite author is David Sedaris. His new book, When You Are Engulfed In Flames, just came out. It is so hysterical that I was reading it in bed last night and I couldn't even breathe because I was laughing so hard.

I tried to read parts to Phil, but I started to do this really weird cry-laugh that I do when I think something is beyond. You may remember this from when I was pregnant with Ry (or Cole...I can't remember anymore) and I used to randomly bust out with my weird and slightly insane cry-laugh.

His books are all short stories about his life -- they're quick reads and so incredibly funny. I'm trying to read really slowly because I'm already sad about it being over. Write faster David Sedaris!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you came over the other night with the marketing book, I THOUGHT you were bringing me David Sedaris. So can I borrow it when you're finished?