Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Panic

I woke Ry up this morning and he said "is it Thursday???" I told him that Christmas isn't until tomorrow, but that Santa would be coming tonight while he was sleeping.

He said "Santa is going to bring me 2 presents. All I want is a new Transformer and a Cupcake Maker."

Hold up, stop the presses...a cupcake maker?!?! This is the first I've heard about this. Darn commercials!

So all morning he was talking about the cupcake maker. I dropped the boys off at daycare (yes, I have to work today, ugh) and I ran in a panic to KMart before heading to the Q. I raced through the aisles like I was on Supermarket Sweep looking for this thing but alas, no cupcake maker.

I'm holding out hope that our Studio Store happens to have one...it will be a Christmas miracle!!

UPDATE: I love QVC!! I ran down to the store and lo and behold, there on a shelf sat the Girl Gourmet cupcake maker. It's like an Easy Bake Oven for the next generation.
This is probably the most boring post...I mean who really cares about cupcakes...but give me a break I was sort of stressed out for a moment. Bring on Christmas!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

yay mom! you did it! you passed xmas final exam with flying colors :) OK, now what's with this product? i saw it at our local Price Chopper in the seasonal aisle and thought, whatevs... then last week our 7 year old neighbor was listing off what she had asked for and it took me a minute to process that girl-gore-met... really was the girl gourmet cupcake maker. i love early readers who sound things out. too cute. now hopefully one of these kids is going to make me some cupcakes. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cracks me up that Ry's most-coveted gift is Girl Gourmet! Although, I must say, I know some girls who will be wanting to come over and test it out right after a game of Wii bowling.