Monday, January 05, 2009

Unfortunate Series Of Events

Like I've always said, it wouldn't be an evening in the Kerper household without someone crying or peeing on the floor. How ironic - that's just what happened tonight!!!

I brought the boys upstairs for Cole's bath and here is the path of destrucion we ended up on. Unfortunately I can't disagree with Phil's assesment of the situation - I brought this all on myself!

1. Cole runs into the bathroom and points to his little potty. He says "pee on the potty." I believe him. He pulls his pants down so I willingly oblige and remove the diaper.

2. Somewhere between getting into the bathroom and pulling down the pants, Ry freaks out (when he fell asleep on the 2 mile car ride home from school I should have known I was in for it). For some reason he decides to throw his toothbrush at me, and for this he gets a time out.

3. I take Ry to the step for said time out, leaving Cole in the bathroom with his pants around his ankles.

4. I get back from putting Ry on the step to find Cole standing next to his potty in a puddle of his own pee (you had to have seen that one coming)

5. I take Cole into his room to get off his wet clothes. While I'm bringing him back to the bathroom to put him in the tub I hear Ry saying I'm "stupid." This is breaking a cardinal Kerper law so I have to go give him more time on the step

6. As I leave Cole alone in the bathroom again (yes I did it again and this time he was naked) I turn just in time to watch him slip and fall in the puddle of his own urine. Nice.

7. I'm torn between helping pee-boy and giving Ry more punishment. My cold heart wins and Ry gets an extra 3 minutes.

8. I finally get Cole in the bath. Ry gets out of time out and tells me he's sorry. I clean up the pee. All is right in the world again.

My life is so glam!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my! that is too funny. I hope that everyone is okay in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Hey there.. I was reading this after I popped on the link on FB. You are too damn funny. I really miss all the fun we had(ok it was 15 yrs ago, but it was fun)! Your kids are going to be a HOOT as teenagers if they are anything like you!
- Kate Fremont-Meredith