Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Harvest

UPDATE! Week 25 is now filled in.

Every week I get an email from a website that updates me on the baby. It talkes about what body parts he's growing, how big he's getting, etc. They always equate his growth to a fruit or vegetable and I find it hysterical to get my weekly Wednesday email and picture the little "ear of corn" growing inside of me.

Here is the sequential order of our blossoming little boy:

Week 4: Poppy seed
Week 5: Sesame seed
Week 6: Lentil bean
Week 7: Blueberry
Week 8: Kidney bean
Week 9: Grape
Week 10: Kumquat
Week 11: Fig
Week 12: Lime
Week 13: Medium shrimp
Week 14: Lemon
Week 15: Apple
Week 16: Avocado
Week 17: Turnip
Week 18: Bell pepper
Week 19: Large heirloom tomato
Week 20: Banana
Week 21: Carrot
Week 22: Spaghetti squash
Week 23: Large mango
Week 24: Ear of corn
Week 25: An average rutabega

Who knows what lies ahead?! I guess when I get to "watermelon" I know I'm in trouble.

2 comments:

Mrs. Ward said...

I am a swiss chard---whatever that even is---it doesn't sound good though

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what a kumquat looks like! And I think I am to the watermelon stage. I am 33 weeks but am measuring 36.5 so if I keep going like this, I will explode.