Friday, August 21, 2009

A-B-C...Easy As 1-2-3

I picked Ry up from school yesterday and he came running over with a crumpled up piece of paper. Apparently this was his wrapping technique, because he announced that it was a present for me. I opened it up to find the names of our family inside (you have to look carefully but we're in there):



He shyly told me that he didn't know how to write Charlie's name, and declared we needed to get home "right away" so he could practice. I told him to sound it out and this is what he came up with:


This morning Cole was having a classic 2-year old moment, and Ry decided to document the situation. To translate the below: "Cole's Bad Day."



It's so cool to watch him celebrate these little victories. It's all happening so fast - it seems like just yesterday we were excited to watch him learn to walk, and now he's learning to write.

Pretty soon he'll be surpassing my general knowledge and I'll long for these simpler times (i.e. the days that I was smarter than him - won't last long, I'm sure.)

No comments: