Friday, August 20, 2010

Now Casting For The Roles Of Delivery Room Doctor And Nurse

Ry's camp had a talent show this week. Like a good stage mother, I was all set up with my video camera in a prime front row seat. Only problem - when I went to download the videos I used the wrong power cord and fried the camera (there was literally a popping sound and a puff of smoke).

In light of this setback, I'll set the scene for you myself. Ry chose to tell jokes and sing a song as his talent. I have no idea where he heard "Run Baby Run," but he busted out the acapella version accompanied by his buddy Cameron. The jokes were a little freestyle, but he did manage to bring down the house with the old classic knock knock, "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?!"

Only one more week of camp and then he starts Kindergarten. I'm sad to see him leave his daycare - he's been going there since he was one and really loves it. But he's totally pumped for his new school and I'm excited to see him movin' on up - just hoping he works on his comedy material before the first day.

So next on the to-do list is (a) Finding a new video camera and (b) Recording a re-enactment of Dean's birth. Apparently that was also on the camera...d'oh!

2 comments:

Mrs. Ward said...

Doesn't the memory card still work??You can put it in our camera and download it if you need to :-) Just a thought....

The Kerpers said...

No memory card. Wah.