Thursday, July 28, 2011

Art Is Subjective

While we were in New York, Phil and I snuck away to this great antique store down the road from our friend's house. We were casually walking around...doing our own thing...enjoying the quiet.

At one point I stumbled upon a painting. It had a tag that said "Elephant Art" and the signature said "Bozie - Lincoln Park Zoo - 1990." I immediately googled Bozie, and discovered that she's an Asian elephant who paints on canvas to help keep her occupied while in captivity.

I called Phil over to show him - just because I thought it was hilarious. We laughed and I moved on to look at other things.

Only when I turned around, Phil was still standing in front of the painting. Head slightly cocked to the side, he was taking it all in and I thought to myself, "I'm now the owner of Elephant Art."

And here she is hanging in the house. Well done, Bozie.

No comments: