Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Downtime

How many nights have I been lying in bed watching the Real Housewives, thinking “I’m SO tired. Why don’t I just go to sleep?”

I really don’t watch that much TV - but I spend so much time on my phone and computer that I feel like my brain is on screen overload. I can’t realistically shut down the gadgets because I need them for work, so I’ve made a decision. For the month of March I’m not going to watch TV.

There are some important caveats that I feel need to be documented…

  1. Being that I work for a television retailer (and have 2 big-screen plasmas in my office) I have to watch that channel. But it will be for work purposes, not entertainment.
  2. If the kids want me to snuggle on the couch while they watch a cartoon, I’ll do it. But my main priority will be the snuggle, not the Spongebob plotline.

Other than that I think I’m going to give my brain a break. Focus on some other things in life. Photography, journaling, organizing, exercise.

I’ll miss you Tamara, Vicki, Top Chef contestants, Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, and all you other reality TV personalities. I hope your lives are able to go on without me for the next month.

No comments: