Monday, May 07, 2012

Questions

There’s a new trend in Big Blue (the name our boys gave the mini van).

The car has turned into a reflective space for our Coley, and he’s been using the drive time to ponder life’s big questions.  Almost every time we’re driving he’ll call something out from the backseat that really stretches my brain muscles.  I’ve been jotting them down (not while driving, of course) and here are some of the latest:
  • Why don’t kids live by themselves?
  • How do tornadoes get started?
  • Why does water put out fire?
  • Which states do bears live in?
  • What does sofa mean?
Yesterday we were driving home from church and he said, “What does ‘true potential’ mean?”  I replied back, “Aw, did you learn about that in Sunday School?” and he said, “No, I heard it in a Ninjago cartoon.”

No matter where he's learning it from I'm just glad that he’s got his thinking cap on.  Also, I’m really glad that google exists.


No comments: