Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!

Today we celebrate 5 glorious years since the Kerper nuptials. And since we met in 1996 that also means it's been 11 years that we've known each other. Crazy!

I'm posting a copy of Phil's vows because I think they sum it up for the both of us. Also because Phil isn't one to openly share his feelings so I enjoy reading this :-)

Happy Anniversary to us!

Bec,
Since the day we met you have surprised, challenged, and engaged me in a way no one else has. I used to sit alone and think about what the future held for me. Long ago you were a dream. Today you are my dream come true.

It is amazing to think about how we have evolved since we first met. From a basement to the happiest place on earth; from a wide beach to Lightstreet; from #55 to 10-12-02. Our love has outlasted the loneliness, the tears, and the challenges all around us. With each passing moment together, our love has become more beautiful and enduring.

I always knew you were the one by the way you could look into my eyes and see who I truly am and know what I'm thinking. I love you not only for who you are, but also for who I am because of you. I love you for allowing me to cherish life's little things and to see excitement in everything I do. That is what you do. Without a word, without a getsture, without a thought. Just by being yourself. No one else in the world can make me feel that way. Only you!

Before the people with whom we have shared our lives, and with those who are here in our hearts, I take you, Rebecca, to be my best friend for life. From this day forward, I will stand by your side, hold your hand as we walk, listen as you speak, and hug when we cry. With our future as bright as the promises and dreams we share, I will respect you, care for you, and protect you. You are the one I will always be true to.

In joining my life to yours, I give you all that I am and all that I will ever be.

No comments: