Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ry's Party

The Top 5 Most Interesting Things From Ry's Third Birthday Party

5. If you go to Jimmy John's, make sure you do it on a clear day. It seems that you have to go outside and around the back to get to the bathrooms. It was raining on Saturday. Not just a light rain, as Steven and Logan came to find out.

4. The way to get famous in Chester County is to have a party here:


3. Ry got a new fish that he has randomly named "Football". More details on their wild and wacky adventures in a future post.

2. We are friends with a lot of weiner-heads.


1. The most interesting thing to me is the realization that I am no longer cool. This was relayed to me by niece Shaye.


Shaye came with me a little early to get things set up. Shaye is 8 and I was always under the impression that she thought I was a pretty hip Aunt. So we're inside putting out the plates and other party things, and I said "Shaye are you ready to par-tay?!" I then proceeded to raise the roof. Shaye grabbed my arms and pulled them down saying "Aw my gawd Aunt Bec, stop doing that!!!"

So then I busted out the hot dog hats. To me, wearing a stuffed hot dog on your head is a perfectly acceptable way to celebrate someone's birthday at a rundown old hot dog joint. When I gave one to Shaye, she looked at me in horror and said "I can't believe you think I'm going to wear that on my head."

It's been officially proclaimed...I am an embarrasment to the children!!

No comments: