Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back To The Future

We're helping Phil's parents sort through some of their things on the second floor of their house. Phil still has a whole desk with papers, notebooks, and memories from grade school / high school / college.

We started trashing some of his things and he came across an envelope that said "Phil's 1991. Written & Signed December 31, 1991." It was sealed and then double-sealed with duct tape. Such a Phil thing to do!

So we cracked it open and he had written a page-long reflection on his year. Some interesting tidbits included picking his future career as a nurse, crushing on a girl, and commenting on his grandfather's failing health.

It was poignant, touching, funny, and SO Phil!!

I think I want to do something similar, and then put the letter away to be lost like his was. Who knows what I'll think of my 30-something reflections 17 years from now.

P.S. I cannot believe 1991 was 17 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: