Friday, August 01, 2008

Past The POINT Of No Return

Cole is growing into a little man right in front of my eyes. His vocabulary is increasing (although I'm probably the only one who knows what he's saying) and he's following in his brother's footsteps as a little jokester.

Right now he can speak the following words. I also included the way that he says them in case you're ever caught in a conversation with him and need help translating:

  • More: Moo-ah
  • Ball: Bu-all
  • Mom: Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma (and so on and so forth)
  • Dad: Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da (you get the point)
  • Ry-Ry: Eye-eye
  • Thank You: Aaah - Oooh
  • No: No (see below for details)

So the point of all this is to tell you about Cole's bath last night. His new favorite hobby is to stand up in the tub, look at me with this intensely mischevious smile, and wait for me to tell him to sit down. After I do he laughs so hard that he falls onto his bottom, and this viscious circle continues for about 6 hours until I take him out.

Last night he stood up and gave me the look. In my attempt to look authoritative I pointed my finger at him and sternly said "sit down Cole." He pointed his little finger right back at me and said "No."

The shock! The horror! Is it really possible for a 1 year old to talk back to his mother? I tried not to laugh as I immediately pulled him out of the tub and gave him a lecture about the importance of respecting your elders. In the end I think he was sorry and he ended the conversation with a hearty Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma (I think this was his way of saying "I apologize and I love you.")

P.S. I just happen to have a picture with one variation of "the look":

No comments: