Friday, October 17, 2008

Steak, Tater Tots, NYC, and Kisses

This week has been a wild ride. It all started on Tuesday night when Phil and I went out in Philly for our anniversary. We had a gift certificate that was good for any of the Steven Starr restaurants, and we picked Barclay Prime.

Most of you know that a night out for us means a beer and a burger at Iron Hill, so we were very surprised when our waiter welcomed us to the second best steakhouse in the country. He then gave us the specials which included $250 caviar from the Caspian Sea and Kobe Sliders that are on GQ's "20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die" list.

Feeling a little intimidated by it all, we ordered steak and crabcakes with a side of tater tots. Yes, we ordered tater tots. So the waiter comes back and asks Phil to choose from a selection of steak knives. He starts explaining each one. "The curved handle is handcarved with wood from the rare cocobolococo tree in South America..." Phil chose the coolest looking one.

So after we stuffed our faces, we headed to the Academy of Music to see An Evening With David Sedaris. Faithful readers of this blog know that he's one of my favorite authors, and Phil got us tickets to the show for my birthday.

Needless to say, it was absolutely hysterical. I wasn't so sure I could be entertained by a guy reading out loud to an audience, but he was so funny. I won't bore you with the details, but trust me...it's worth seeing!

So the next night I strapped on my highest of heels and headed to New York for the FFANY Shoes On Sale Event. Still tired from the night before, I found the strength to pull myself together and mingle with the likes of Christian from Project Runway and Reba McIntyre (very random celebrity guest list, I know). It was a great time and between the donations and the live show, we raised a few million dollars for Breast Cancer research.

Then today I woke up with a virus. The worst part isn't my headache or my aching throat...but the fact that Phil has quarantined me from kissing the kids and now it's all I want to do!!!

After eating expensive steak, seeing my favorite author, and having a great night out in NYC, my favorite part of the week was getting the boy's school pictures. They're adorable, especially the one of the 2 of them together. As luck would have it, the scanner isn't working...stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must post a pic of you in your killer heels and dress.

JillG said...

omg, what a fantastic time! so glad you had fun!!! you deserve it!