Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feelin' Fine

It’s been a crazy week in Kerperville. Our little Charlie had to be admitted to the hospital for 3 days, but he’s been discharged and is doing great. His time away has taught me many things:

  • We’re extremely lucky to live 30 short miles away from the #1 pediatric hospital in the country
  • The boys are even more lucky to have a dad who happens to work at said hospital
  • Phil is a saint for camping out in Charlie’s room for 3 days and sleeping on a tiny plastic couch

Cha was his usual smiling and happy self most of the time – I know this because I made Phil send me a picture approximately every 5 seconds so I could see with my own two eyes that he was okay. Three cheers for for smart phones!

The best thing I learned this week is that the boys have complete and total trust in their dad. When I first told them what was going on, this was the conversation I had with Ry:

Me: Guys, I have news. Charlie is sick and had to go to the hospital
Ry: Did he go to the Children’s Hospital?
Me: He sure did
Ry: Is Daddy taking care of him?
Me: He sure is
Ry: Okay, so Daddy’s got it

Here are some pics of the patient (the thing on his arm was just a brace to keep him from pulling out the IV that he had in his hand). As you can see he was all smiles – we’re just glad to have him home!

5 comments:

Abby said...

So glad he's home. I love Ry's comment. There's nothing better than that confidence that Dad will take care of everything. And it's good to see showing your bum in a hospital gown has no age limit.

The Kerper Family said...

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry if this blog post caught you by surprise. I feel like a bad friend for not keeping everyone updated sooner, but on the flip side I know you forgive me since y'all called me right when you read this to say WHAAAAT?! Between the 2 other kids, work, feeling beyond preggers, and going back & forth to the hospital...this week has kicked my behind. Not complaining, just trying to explain myself :-) So I'll say thank you and sorry all in the same breath!! Love you guys!!

The Kerper Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Yes, you are forgiven. Yes, we need a code word for when you need our positive energy and don't have time to stop and give us the details. Yes, we love you too :)

Melissa said...

And seriously, that last picture at the window? Is he not the cutest? Almost makes me want another.... almost. :)