Sunday, May 09, 2010

Silly

Last week Ry came home from school cradling a package. He told me I couldn't see it until Mother's Day and ran inside to hide it.

He came flying out of the house about 5 minutes later, saying that he found the perfect place for my present and no matter what, "Don't look between the fish tank and the typewriter."

Finally the big day came and I was sent on a hunt for my gift...Ry was shocked to find that I was able to quickly pinpoint its location. Inside the bag I found a bracelet buried underneath mounds of tissue paper:



He told me that his teacher had each kid in class think of a word that describes their Mommy. I like to think that his interpretation of "silly" means I'm fun and that I don't take life too seriously. I was truly touched by his sentiment - much more meaningful and personal than if my bracelet said "happy" or "loving".

A perfect present from a silly son to his silly Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well, it's better than "pregnant" ;)
Love you