Monday, July 05, 2010

Happy 4th

We channeled the spirits of our Bloomsburgian days and went party hopping this weekend with 5 shindigs in 2 days. Unlike college, we remembered everything the next morning and didn't have anyone at the Student Union to cook us breakfast. Oh well.




I threw this picture in there to show that life comes full circle. We've been going to Bobby & Ro's 4th of July party forever (around 20 years for Phil, 13 for me). In the beginning, it was pure debauchery. Then everyone started to get married and have babies, and it calmed down a bit. Now the kids are older, the tiki bar is up, and we're the lone suckers with the kiddos.

Ry did, however, get a kick out of sitting at the bar and getting served Shirley Temples.


The next day at another party, Ry and I had this interesting exchange as he was finishing up his dinner:

Ry: Is a hot dog a healthy choice?
Me: Not really.
Ry: Well it's a good thing that I ate those strawberries with my hot dog, 'cause I'm trying to eat a balanced diet.

Shirley Temples and hot dogs seem balanced in my book. God Bless America!

No comments: