Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slide

It’s the little things that make you take a step back and realize your kids are growing up. Last night at the pool, Ry went down the slide for the first time. It shoots you out into the deep end so he’s been a little intimidated, but after he did it once he didn’t stop until the pool closed and they kicked us out. (It was also starting to get dark which is why the pictures are so awful – plus I kept missing him so all I have to offer you is a little splash in the pool. But trust me, it’s him.)

It’s interesting to watch his independence start to come alive – from taking the bus at camp to sitting in bed reading to himself – all of a sudden he doesn’t need us as much and I’m both sad and overjoyed at the same time.

This morning he said, “Why does Daddy always get to take out the trash? I wish I could do that instead of Daddy.” Just one of those times where the independence thing isn’t so bad – I’m sure Phil will be more than happy to add trash duty to Ry’s chore list!


No comments: