Monday, February 09, 2009

It's Hard To Argue With Sound Logic

Ry had some funny lines today that I wanted to write down for posterity...

********************************************

We're working on weaning him off the thumb. We set a new rule that he should only suck his thumb when he's in his bed to go to sleep. On the way home from school we had this chat:

Ry: I sucked my thumb today in my cot during my nap
Me: That's cool. You can suck your thumb in your cot or in your bed
Ry: I think I'd like to suck it in the car too
Me: Just in your bed or your cot
Ry: When we get home I think I need to take a little rest in my bed before dinner

********************************************

When I was putting Cole to bed, Ry kept calling upstairs "Mommy, you okay up there?" When I came down...

Ry: My belly was growling so I had some crackers
Me: Where did you get crackers?
Ry: I went into the pantry and got some
Me: You need to ask me before you get something to eat
Ry: But I asked myself, and I said it was okay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience today w/Mr. O. I made mac n cheese for lunch and when I told him it was ready, he said he didn't want it, that he wanted pb&j instead. And I was like, "Oh well, I made mac n cheese so that is what you get." And then he said, "Uh, Mom? My brain is telling me to say No to the mac and cheese so I'm going to say no because that is what my brain says to do."

Oh, and Mr. A told me today that he is going to run away tomorrow to a family that lets him watch as much tv as he wants. I suggested he go live w/Grammy & Grampy b/c they let him watch a LOT of tv. He thought about it and said he'd stay w/us b/c he'd be homesick if he lived w/G&G.