Monday, February 02, 2009

Phil'd With Appreciation

I have to say that it's very convenient having a husband who has worked in a pediatric ER for over 10 years...it comes in really handy when my poor kiddos come down with something.

Saturday night I noticed Cole was warm. Warm turned to hot when I took his temperature and saw it was 104. I paged Phil in a panic and when he called back he calmly said "It's fine - just give him Tylenol. Don't worry about the number of the temp - if he's acting normal he's okay."

I suppose that acting normal included running around like a madman, jumping off the coffee table, and cracking up at everything he saw. Because that's what he was doing. Of course Cole can't be the kind of sick that includes snuggling up with Mommy and getting some quiet lovin - he needs to be his same old crazy self (which I guess is a good thing).

Next night same thing - only it jumped to 105.5. I paged Phil again and got the same reaction. "Just give him Tylenol."

Of course I just had to call the doctor this morning and what does he say - "don't worry about the number of the temp, as long as he's acting normal he's okay."

As hard as it is to admit when Phil is right, I feel extremely lucky to have him around to remove things from the neighbor's noses, help check out bumps and bruises, and use his special techniques for getting kids to take medicine (don't try it at home people).

Cole is on the mend...although I'm keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't pass on to Ry.

Stay tuned!

No comments: