Sunday, February 08, 2009

Random Warm Up

After being caged up in the house for the last 3 months it was great to let the boys stretch their legs in the sunshine this weekend.

Saturday we met Sue, Dave, and Hazel at the Norristown Zoo. The plan was to be outside for the morning to enjoy the beautiful weather. Unfortunately I didn't get the memo that it wasn't supposed to warm up until the afternoon, so we trudged through in the 35 degree chill. But we made the most of if and checked out the monkeys, bats, and buffalo (oh my).




Today the children were released into the alley and I caught my first glimpse of Spring. I know it sounds weird to tell my kids to go play in the alley...but living in town it's really the best place to hang. Our neighborhood has about 156 kids in a 2 block radius, so when it's warm everyone is outside on bikes and basically just running around in circles.

I know this warm weather was just a tease, but I'll consider it a little taste to hold me over until the real thing. See you in the alley!

No comments: