Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shoulders

As I sit here with a heating pad on my back thinking "whyyyyy oh why did we pack so much into this one weekend?!?!" - I wanted to make sure that I wrote about one of our many adventures. We didn't have a camera with us and it's one of those moments that I want to store into my little brain for the future.

We took Grammy and the boys to Valley Green today with the original intention of feeding the ducks. Valley Green is a little section of Fairmount Park in Philadelphia - it's really close to Phil's parent's house and the day was beautiful so we headed out.

After we threw all of our bread into the water for the ducks to fight over, we started walking on one of the trails. We headed to a waterfall and Phil and Ry climbed to the top - it was really cute to see him teaching Ry the ropes and giving him just enough space to do things himself.

Of course, Cole wanted part of the action so I had to maneuver us as high as we could go. My little daredevil would have either (a) climbed to the top with Dad and Ry or (b) jumped into the water below, so I had to turn back about mid-way. Also take into account that I'm over 7 months pregnant and had on flip flops (remember the original plan was just to feed the ducks, so I still contend that my wardrobe choice was justified).

Anyhoo...on the walk back Ry asked to get on Phil's shoulders. The look on his face was absolutely priceless...he looked so incredibly content and happy. He bent forward and hugged Phil's head and you could tell he was in complete heaven.

Of course I'm keeping in mind that he had just climbed to the top of a waterfall and it was lunchtime, but I'm still going with my original premise which is that he just totally loves his dad. I was wishing that I was getting carried by the time we go to the car, hence the heating pad on my back right now...but the pain was worth it just for the mental image I have of Ry's proud little face.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmoms, and moms-to-be out there in blogland! I go to sleep completely pooped but so happy to have my boys. Next year I'll be climbing to the top of that waterfall with you, watch out!!

No comments: