Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family Photo

Our neighbors had a beautiful baby boy last week. On their way to the hospital we stopped them outside the house to take a picture.

To return the favor, their sweet Granny from Ireland asked to take our picture as well. Not only do I love to see the flowering bush in full bloom, I think this photo is hilarious because it totally sums up our family. Below is a breakdown of what I imagine each one of us thinking:


COLE: [Would be spoken at a very fast pace, I'm sure] Must...escape...now. Gotta run...gotta go...places to be...no time for pictures...what's that over there? A squirrel? Some grass? A tree? Must...escape...now!!!

MOM: [With monster-tight grip on Cole] There's no way that Cole is going to sit still for this picture. Will try to smile anyway so I can look half-decent despite the crazy 2 year old in my arms. At least the elbow that's jabbing into me during the escape attempt is hiding my belly!

RY: [Using suspicious undertone] Suuuuure, I'll let you take my picture...what's in it for me?

PHIL: [No back-stories, undertones, or special voices...why does he have to be so simple????] Cheese!

No comments: