Wednesday, June 03, 2009

34 Weeks

So I blinked and all of a sudden I'm 34 weeks pregnant. It's gone by so quickly, and I feel lucky to have experienced very little issues (unless you count 24/7 nausea in my first trimester an issue…eating Cheeroios for 3 meals a day…ugh).

It's funny how much my outlook on pregnancy has changed since my first. With Ry my hospital bag was packed and ready to go by month 3, and I was stocked and loaded with all the sparkling new goodies from my baby shower.

When I was pregnant with Cole, I focused on making sure the transition was easy for Ry. My main goals were to get a double stroller and clean off the car seat and swing.

With the third pregnancy, I'm just trying to find some onesies that don't have visible puke stains on them. Okay I'll admit it…there's one pile of non-pukey clothes and another pile of pukey (but clean) clothes for in-house wear only (I've convinced myself these will only be used when I don't have time to do laundry).

The good news is that as our family grows, so does my comfort level with the process. It also makes me much more excited to meet the baby because I can look at his brothers and envision what he could be like. Maybe he'll be thoughtful and sensitive like Ry, or maybe wild and cuddly like Cole. Will he like to read like Ry or be a sports nut like Cole?

No matter how it stacks up, I'm trying to look past the back pain and the 3 am bathroom breaks to enjoy these final weeks. Ready or not, a new Kerper man is about to make an appearance…and now you know my secret for telling whether or not the laundry is up to date. Cut me some slack, at least for the first month after he's born!!

No comments: