Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Little Melon

According to my weekly email, the baby can now be compared in weight to a crenshaw melon. I'll be honest - I've never stumbled upon this type of melon at the local Grower's Market, nor do I have any idea why I would prefer a crenshaw over your average honeydew.

Regardless - I don't need their wacky comparisons because I had an ultrasound today that revealed his actual weight. The little man is 6 pounds 3 ounces, which puts him in around 8 1/2 pounds if I go full term. Ry and Cole both tipped the scales around 8 pounds, so the baby is already following in the footsteps of his big bros.

By the time I'm ready to deliver I'm sure my email will be comparing me to a large pumpkin, full-sized watermelon, or possibly an anvil...but for now I'll just enjoy the time with my little 6 pound melon.

No comments: