Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Bring On The Fall

The team piled into Big Blue and headed to Highland Orchards for some apple picking. Cole was running from tree to tree and whenever he saw an apple he screamed at full throttle, "HERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!" I hated to break the news to him that there was about 50 million out there on the trees - he seriously thought he was discovering gold every time he saw one. Hence us leaving with about a zillion apples.


Ry, on the other hand, took two steps out into the orchard and declared that "the grass was hurting his legs" and chose to wait at the car. I think he inherited his Mom's outdoor instincts.


After the apple picking we fed the goats/chickens/donkeys/llama (at least I thought that was a llama...but as I write this I realize it seems weird to have a llama mixed in with goats and chickens...hmm...what was that?) and played on the playground. Evidently the grass length on this side of the orchard was more acceptable.



It's hard to believe that we'll be back soon for the pumpkins and hayrides...wasn't it just Memorial Day???

4 comments:

Mrs. Ward said...

It was probably an emu

The Kerper Family said...

It was definitely not an emu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu

After purusing Wikipedia I'm really starting to think it's a llama...will have to ask the farm peeps next time we're there.

Abby said...

An emu is a bird so I hope you would have know the difference between that and a llama. If not, let's sign you up for a weekend on the farm for some intensive animal identification study. It very likely was a llama. Often farm people mix a llama with the goats and sheep and other 4-legged animals. :)

The Kerper Family said...

I guess I'm so used to seeing the Diego cartoon with Linda The Llama that I didn't realize they could also live on farms. I guess I thought they were only here to save Carnaval (per the Diego episode, of course).