Friday, September 04, 2009

In West Philadelphia Born And Raised...On The Playground Is Where I Spent Most Of My Days

Today we headed out to the Please Touch Museum. Our membership has served us well, and the boys now know which exhibits they like best and how to get to each one.






After the museum we went to the Smith Playground in Fairmount Park. To anyone with young kids who live close to Philly - this is a must see!! It's totally free and there's so much to do. The Smith House is a mansion that was built in 1899 - a beautiful building that was actually created with the intention of kids playing and having fun. The outdoor playgrounds are the best I've seen yet - the boys went down the hundred year old wooden slide about 50 times.

Charlie was a great travel companion - that is until the horrific traffic on the ride home had us trapped in the car for over 2 hours. We made it home pooped but happy - I've definitely earned my sleep today. G'night!!

No comments: