Saturday, April 04, 2009

Wasn't I Just Driving A Red Sports Car?

When we got preggers with number 3, we knew that there wasn't room for all of the car seats in either of our SUVs. I lived in denial for a long time, but after working with good old Bernie at the Honda dealership, we jumped head first into the world of mini van ownership.

It's been almost a week of hitting the road in "Big Blue" (as Ry named it), and although it's surreal I'm totally loving it! Now that we've upgraded to leather seats and a sunroof, there's no turning back. The kids are amazed by the doors that open and close on their own, and don't think I haven't flicked on that button to fire up the heated seats in the morning.

I enacted a strict no eating or drinking rule inside the van...of course the drinking one crumbled to pieces today after Cole screamed "juice" approximately 57 times on the first mile of our trip. In about a month there will be the familar crumbs of goldfish smashed into the mats, but for now I'm soaking it all in and convincing myself that the new car scent is a sign that we're living in the lap of luxury.

Yes, I look terribly uncool, but I think I'm over it. After all I'm a mom...and it's moms who drive these things...and I have 2 (soon to be 3) great kids to fill it with. Love you boys, love you Big Blue!!

No comments: